Accreditation Requirements for Testing and Calibration Laboratories According to ISO/IEC 17025:2017 17025:2017
The International Standard ISO/IEC 17025 specifies the general requirements for the competence of calibration and testing laboratories.
The implementation of this international standard by calibration and testing laboratories provides confidence in the results of testing and calibrations performed by these laboratories.
The International Standard is applicable to all laboratories regardless of the number of personnel or the extent of the scope of testing or calibration.
The international standard ISO/IEC 17025: 2017 is used by the accreditation bodies in confirming and recognizing the competence of calibration and testing laboratories in the way to allow the acceptance of their results between different parties.
The Laboratories that conform to this standard will also operate generally in accordance with the principles of ISO 9001.
This third edition cancels and replaces the second edition (ISO/IEC 17025:2005) with allowed transition period for implementation.
The main changes compared to the previous edition are as follows:
• the application of risk-based thinking applied in this edition has enabled some reduction in prescriptive
• there is greater flexibility in the requirements for processes, procedures, documented information and organizational responsibilities;
• a definition of “laboratory” has been added
The GCC accreditation center (GAC) has organized this training course in the framework of its role in laboratories accreditation and in dissemination of the requirements and importance of accreditation.
The training course is carried out including:
- Training on all requirements of ISO/IEC 17025: 2017
- The estimation of measurement uncertainty by the laboratories
The training program includes presentations by the trainer, group discussions and case studies with participation of all delegates.
The training material will be available to all participants during the course. Certificates will be delivered by GAC reprehensive at the end of the training course.
- Gain the knowledge of the international system for laboratories accreditation
- Gain an understanding of the requirements for the competence of calibration and testing laboratories
- Learn how a laboratory quality management system is designed, operated and implemented. learn all elements of the standard and the important concepts
- Learn how to estimate measurement uncertainty from start to end in the way to ensure validity of laboratory results
- Increase the confidence in the performance of staff who implement the requirements.
- Have the opportunity to exchange experience and take benefits from the case studies and the group discussions
Technical and management staff in calibration and testing laboratories
• Introduction to the international system of accreditation
• What is accreditation and what are the benefits?
• What are the requirements of ISO/IEC 17025 Standard?
• Terms and definitions
• General requirements
• Structural requirements
• Resource requirements
• Process requirements
• Management system requirements
• The standard Annexes
• Examples for implementations
• Case studies followed by group discussions
|1||28 Mar - 01 Apr 2021||Online||2500 SAR||Ended|
|2||07 - 10 Nov 2021||Online||2000 SAR||Ended|