The General Director of the GAC is responsible for:
· The formal responsibilities and duties defined in the GAC Agreement and Rules;
· The satisfactory operation of all aspects of the GAC organization, and reporting on organizational performance to the Board of Directors;
· Leadership of all personnel of the GAC;
· Maintenance and development of GAC in its regional and international roles in accordance with relevant laws and regulations, and international standards and agreements;
· Developing and maintaining strong relationships with key stakeholders;
· Signing mutual recognition arrangements; and
· Ensuring appropriate representation at national, regional and international levels.